Enjoy the cooking, not a disaster.
Halloween is over and we turn our sights to the next holiday of Thanksgiving. Home fires do increase around the holidays due to an increased amount of cooking. Unattended cooking fires are the #1 reason for kitchen fires. Think of it the same as distracted driving. You put a pot on the stove, get a phone call, wander to the back of the house for something in the conversation. Before you know it, your kitchen is fully involved with flames.
Another scenario we have run into, is leaving a candle burning unattended. We had one client who thinks that the candle that started the fire was knocked off the table by a pet. Both involve people who left an area that was in use with sources of combustion in progress.
So, fires are preventable to a degree, but we acknowledge that accidents will happen. How often have you found a cord chewed on by pet? Left the stove on and checked the mail or worse left to go to grandmas for Thanksgiving? This holiday season we want you to enjoy the fruit of your labor and Grandma’s Pecan Pie recipe. Be safe and give thanks for all the blessings you have.
Just remember if an accident happens you can call us and we will be there to make it “Like it never even happened.” Call us directly at 336-946-1131