Time for Fire Safety
According to the Red Cross, home fires occur mostly on Saturday and Sunday between the hours of 6-7pm. This is mostly due to most home fires are related to cooking and this is the time when families are preparing the evening meal. As Spring is here and Summer approaches grilling on the back porch will also present a number of fire dangers to your home. Here are some tips to preventing a cooking fire in your home.
- Keep items that can burn, away from cooking surfaces
- Never leave a stove unattended when a burner is on.
- Turn handles of pots and pans away from the edge. Don’t let them hang off the edge of the stove top. You may bump into them and scald your self or start a grease fire.
- Keep small children out of the kitchen when cooking.
- Know what to do in case of a cooking or grease fire. Keep a lid or baking soda handy.
- Un-plug counter top appliances when they are not in use.
- Make sure the grill is more than 10 feet from the home. Never grill on a balcony.
- Be sure to stay alert when cooking Don’t set a timer thinking it will wake you should you decide to nap while the casserole is baking.
Contact SERVPRO of West Forsyth County Regarding Fire or Smoke Damage - (336) 946-1131
SERVPRO of West Forsyth County proudly serves Winston-Salem, Clemmons, Lewisville, Pfafftown, Rural Hall, and surrounding areas. We are available 24 hours /7 days a week and are ready to restore damage to your home or commercial structure. It is always best to contact us directly.