What should have been done before a winter storm
Well, Snowmegeddon 2021 didn’t actually materialize the way forecasters said it would. This was a test, it was only a test, had this been an actual winter storm would you have been prepared? Here are some tips to help you and your family cope with winter storms.
Ahead of the storm or freezing temperatures.
- Chances are your family goes in different directions in the morning. Work, school, errands etc should cause you to create a plan of where to meet and how you will get in touch in the event of an emergency.
- Be sure to have gas logs serviced by a professional.
- If you haven’t don’t so be sure to unhook the water hose from your outside spigots.
- Do you have a storm kit? This should have such things that will assist you to get by on your own for 3 days.
- If using space heaters be sure they are used safely never use near a bed or to close to flammable materials.
Did you winterize your home in the fall? Did you do things like,
- Clean out the gutter
- Wrap pipes that have been prone to freezing
- Insulate areas that have worn like door sweeps and windows
- Changed the batteries in the carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
These are just a few tips to help you stay safe. If a storm comes knocking and comes into your home or business call us ASAP at 336-946-1131