If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (336) 946-1131

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Halloween Fire Safety

10/1/2019 (Permalink)

Halloween is just around the corner. And we want you and your little trick or treaters to be safe. When choosing a costume, be sure that it is flame retardant. Wispy materials for ghosts and mummies can catch fire easily if not made from flam retardant material.  Be sure that you can see clearly avoid masks that limit your field of vision to reduce trip hazards. Costumes tend to be dark in color making them harder to see while driving.

Consider lighting your jack-o-lantern with LED battery operated candles instead of an actual candle.  Electronic candles are better to decorate with than actual candles to avoid catching decorations on fire. Dried cornstalks and crepe paper decorations are especially susceptible to ignite around flames. Keep these materials away from heat sources such as space heaters or open flame candles.  Two of every five fires reported were because decorations caught fire in the home according to the NFPA.  Above all never leave a candle or open fire unattended.

SERVPRO of West Forsyth County hopes you have a safe and Happy Halloween. Should you need any of our Fire Damage related services call us directly at 336-946-1131

Other News

View Recent Posts